Mail-In Traffic Diversion

Eligibility Criteria

  • Diversion is allowed on the same charge only if the defendant has had a period of 6 months after the dismissal date from their successfully completed diversion to the date of the next citation.
  • You cannot be on more than one traffic diversion at a time.
  • The following charges are NOT ELIGIBLE for any traffic diversion program:
    • Speeding - 21mph or more in a 70 mph zone
    • Speeding - 26mph or more over in a 45-65mph zone
    • Speeding - 16mph or more over in a 30-40mph zone
    • Speeding - 11mph or more over in a 20-25mph zone
    • Speeding in a Construction Zone
    • Speeding in a School Zone
    • Running a Red Light
    • Sale of Alcohol/Tobacco to a Minor
    • Driving While Suspended
    • Accident Related Ticket
    • Any violation occurring in a public park
    • No Proof of Insurance
    • Transporting an Open Container
    • Drag Racing
    • Driving Under the Influence
    • Hosting a Party
    • Reckless Driving
    • Fleeing and Eluding
    • Minor in Possession of Alcohol
    • Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor
    • Overweight Vehicle
    • Any commercial vehicle violation

Application Process

  • Fill out application
  • Include $30 non-refundable application fee payable to "District Attorney Trust Account" in the form of a check or money order
  • Do NOT pay fine

Mail application and payment to:

Traffic Diversion
District Attorney's Office
P.O. Box 728
Olathe, KS 66051