Can I have the District Attorney’s Office file a care and treatment petition on my behalf to have a family member committed for mental illness?

No, this is not an option in Johnson County at this time. Please attempt to have your family member assessed by a physician or qualified mental health professional at an emergency room. If there is critical event, call your local law enforcement agency/911 and request a Crisis Intervention Team or call the JCMHC crisis line for additional information: 913-268-0156.