In-Court Traffic Diversion

Diversion is allowed on the same charge only once every six months. For a list of common infractions eligible for the In-Court and Mail-In Traffic Diversion programs.

Certain charges require specific documentation to sign up and complete In-Court Traffic Diversion. You must provide these forms to the diversion office before you will be allowed to sign up and pay for diversion.

  • No Proof of Insurance
    • Valid current 6 months prepaid insurance
  • Registration
    • Valid current registration receipt
  • No Valid Driver License
    • Valid driver’s license
  • Tint Violation
    • Proof of tint removal (receipt or pictures)
  • Fishing without a License
    • Valid Fishing License
  • Defective Vehicle Equipment
    • Proof showing equipment deficiency is fixed

If your ticket involved an ACCIDENT, you must bring proof of insurance and proof that you have been released from liability. This includes proof that you are not responsible for damages or that you have paid for the damages.

The following charges are NOT eligible for the in-court traffic diversion program:

  • Red Light Violations
    • Tickets issued in a construction zone
  • Speeding over 90 mph
    • Tickets issued in a school zone
  • Commercial Vehicle Violations
    • Tickets issued in a public park

If you have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) you are not eligible for traffic diversion, regardless of whether you were driving a commercial vehicle at the time of ticket.

Please see the Specialized Traffic Diversion page for information about diversion on Driving While Suspended, Leaving the Scene of the Accident, Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor, Furnishing Tobacco to a Minor, Minor in Possession/Consumption of Alcohol, Reckless Driving, Fleeing and Eluding.

Application Process

Visit the Johnson County District Attorney Diversion Office located on the 4th floor of the Johnson County District Courthouse to pay your fees and sign your diversion agreement OR appear in court on your court date. The diversion office is open Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m.until 3:30 p.m.

Diversion fees and court costs must be paid in full at the time of signing. You will need two separate fees of exact cash, check or money order. The diversion fee shall be made payable to the District Attorney Trust Account and the court costs shall be made payable to the Clerk of the Court.