Is there a telemarketing law in Kansas?
Yes. According to the Kansas Consumer Protection Act, KSA 50-671 through 50-674, the telemarketing laws in Kansas requires some of the following:
- If a call if placed from an automatic dialing device and the consumer hangs up, the call must be terminated within 25 seconds.
- A telemarketer must identify themselves and the business on whose behalf they are soliciting and the purpose of the call.
- Tell the telemarketer to be taken off their call list.
- Just say “NO.” Upon receiving a negative response the telemarketer is required to immediately discontinue the call.
- If you receive these types of calls and your attempts to terminate the conversation are not successful, you can contact our office at 913-715-3003 or file a formal complaint with us. You can also contact the Kansas Attorney General’s Office at 1-800-432-2310 or the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357).